Faith is Not Believing that God can, It's Knowing that He Will

Followers

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

I Can't Stand It

I'm an indecisive person. 


So....picking out paint colors is hard for me.
I've spent so much time mulling over paint samples at Lowe's.
I'm just really afraid of picking a color and it turning out to be ugly.
Our bathroom paint has been the hardest to pick out yet.


I've seen a lot of pictures lately of really neat, retro rooms painted blue. Turquoise, robins egg, and pale blue. I thought it might be cool to paint the hall bathroom of our new house blue. But of course I then had to decide on what shade of blue. I pulled a ton of paint samples and searched for the right one.


But my problem was I wasn't really sure what I wanted. I didn't want it to end up baby blue so we picked one with a gray undertone.


I painted a bit on the bathroom wall and waited for it to dry.


I've come to the conclusion that all pale colors turn out lighter and all dark colors turn out darker. Does it seem that way to you? But anyway, the paint was white with only a slight hint of blue. Pooh, that wasn't what I had in mind at all. So I debate on whether we should have it tinted with just the tiniest, tiniest bit of gray.


Bad idea, BAD IDEA!


The guy at the paint counter dropped a little black into it. He said, "I really can't promise you what the color will turn out to be."   Oh, great.


It actually looked beautiful in the can. It was a nice, light, cool blue with a hint of gray. Fine, that looks like it will be really nice.


Boy, was I ever in for a surprise!


We painted a bit on the wall and again waited for it to dry. I have never seen any paint color change the way that one did.


It went from being soft and "Pottery Barnish" to being an ugly dark blue-gray. Its awful, I can't stand it. Nobody likes it except for my little brothers (but I don't really trust their tastes for interior design :) sooooo my dad was nice enough to tell us that we could go get something different.


Whew...(too bad I spent my entire afternoon Monday painting :D


So yesterday I was again looking at the paint colors, trying to decide on the right one and having a terrible fear of choosing the wrong one.

But its now settled, I'm going with.....

Valspar's "Sea Air" its a lovely light robins egg blue that will look great with our black cabinets and white towels.

I enjoy painting when I have music or a book on CD to listen too. So I guess that's what I'll be doing next week! :)

2 comments:

Giann said...

Hahaha.....could I see some before and after pictures?? Jw...thanks for the comment on my blog!!

Blessings!

Brooke O'Shea said...

Oh dear, that sounds a lot like me...indecisive. It sounds like it is going to be a beautiful bathroom. Hope it turns out!
Through Christ,
LH
P.S. It was great to see y'all again Sunday!