Faith is Not Believing that God can, It's Knowing that He Will

Followers

Monday, January 17, 2011

A few of my thoughts on this gray Monday

Today is so very gray. But at least its not freezing!
My iPod is not even a month old. This morning the pause/wake button got jammed. I fiddled and fiddled with it and it wouldn’t work. I got a hold of Apple and I’m sending it for repair. I was sweating there for a minute.


Mondays are busy. My mom drives me over an hour away for ballet on Mondays. They say that a gift is only a gift if it costs you something. I know this is a gift because time is not something my mom has in abundance! I’m very blessed to have her, she is wonderful.


I’ve decided that algebra and chemistry simply aren’t compatible with my brain type.


I’m reading a really good book right now. It’s called “Radical, Taking Back Your Faith from the American Dream” by David Platt. I highly recommend it!


For an ending note, I’m including an excerpt from my favorite book, “Do Hard Things”


“If it falls your lot to be a street sweeper, sweep streets like Michelangelo painted pictures, sweep streets like Beethoven composed music…sweep streets like Shakespeare composed wrote poetry. Sweep streets so well that all the hosts of heaven and earth will have to pause and say: Here lived a great street sweeper who swept his job well.” ~M.L.K

“Take up your Viking challenge to do small hard things. The fact that you face the unwanted tasks is not a mistake; it’s an opportunity. That’s why we encourage you to put your full weight into every stroke of the oar.

And because God is good, by doing what He has put before you with all your heart, regardless of whether it appears significant or not, you will find yourself benefited and strengthened, ready for the next big thing.”

2 comments:

~ McKenzie Elizabeth~ said...

Hope your ipod gets fixed:)!! What color is it?

Amen sister!! Algebra and I were certainly not good pals either:)I am dreading it in college!

Blessings,
McKenzie Elizabeth

Eliza said...

Oh! The last photograph is so beautiful! I love it!

Eliza