Faith is Not Believing that God can, It's Knowing that He Will

Followers

Thursday, May 27, 2010

When Life Gives You Mushy Bananas...

Make banana bread! Banana bread is the perfect way to get rid of brown, mushy, speckled skinned bananas. I didn't use the full amount of sugar or enough chocolate chips so I took the liberty of drizzling chocolate on top. ;)
I've always made my Aunt Monica's recipe. When I make it it NEVER turns out as good as hers.

My cookies don't turn out as well, my zucchini bread doesn't turn out as well, and my banana bread doesn't either. I don't know what my issue is!:P :D LOL

Here's the recipe:
Banana Chocolate Chip Bread
1/2 c. butter, softened
1 c. sugar
2 eggs
2 ripe bananas, mashed
2 c. flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
3/4 c. chocolate chips
1/2 c. nuts
Cream butter-gradually add sugar-beating well at medium speed. Add eggs one at a time-beating after each addition. Stir in bananas. Combine flour and next three ingredients. Gradually add to creamed mixture-blend. Stir in chocolate and nuts.
Pour into greased loaf pan.
Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour and 10 minutes. I like the red flowers in the background. It adds a summery feel.

I L.O.V.E summertime. Staying up late and reading in bed is the best part!

1 comment:

Miss Laurie said...

Looks delicious! :)