Faith is Not Believing that God can, It's Knowing that He Will

Followers

Monday, November 2, 2009

One Great Person Said...

"Learning is not attained by chance, it must be sought for with ardor and attended to with diligence."
~Abigail Adams

I seek after a lot of things. A perfect split, a kitchen that stays clean for at least a few hours, a morning where I actually get out of bed when my alarm goes off, a good test score, muffins that actually rise when baked, and a picture that has the "cool look".

I try to attend to everything with diligence. Whether it be pounding away at the piano every morning and not sounding much better (although I have to say I've seen a little improvement. Although my family might not agree!;), or biting my tongue so I won't say something I will regret.

Speaking of biting my tongue, have you ever wanted to completely bite it off you're so mad? I haven't had one of those instances in a few weeks but I've really tried to work on patience lately. Letting it go is hard for me! Especially when the person doesn't give a wit as to how their actions affect yours! I guess patience is what I need to focus on. It seems whenever I make a point to work on a particular character trait in myself, I feel bombarded with situations that cause me trouble. Temptations seem to fly. But I'm trying to use every problem in a good way. This is what I mean,

"Every experience God gives us, every person he puts in our lives is the perfect position for the future that only He can see."
~Corrie Ten Boom

"Do not look to your hope, but to Christ the source of your hope."
~Charles Spurgeon

From one VERY imperfect person whose trying her best to improve,
Abigail

5 comments:

Gran said...

good post abigail. you are such a beautiful young lady. i wish i had more time to spend with you. i think we would have fun. i love you. love - grandma

Mariah said...

Your post was very encouraging to me! I also struggle with patience.
Thanks for posting that!

Memaw said...

I always enjoy so much what you write on your blog. I think it helps me feel closer to you all and learn so much about each of you. Your likes and dislikes are funny and some of them remind me of myself.
Love,
Memaw

Abigail and Lydia said...

Hi Abigail,
I guess I will be kind, and say that you are improving on your piano. Your making progress, but keep trying, you will get better! = ) I'm just kidding!! You have a lot of great qualities and I can tell you are working on your patience... I know I can be hard to deal with. ; ) You have some hilarious looking muffins, and some quarky looking pictures, but you are moving on in life, and it very amusing to watch! I know I will be hearing from you about this one, but who cares, I will just get beaten up from my older sister... maybe you'll give me some slack, I hope!

Love you,
Lydia = )

Abigail and Lydia said...

Thank-you for your comments! I'm glad you can comment now Meamaw! Thank-you! It is fun to hear from you on here!
Love,
Abigail