Faith is Not Believing that God can, It's Knowing that He Will

Followers

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

My Reading List for June~

Here is a list of books I've read in the past month. What have you been reading?

"The Redemption of Sarah Cain" by Beverly Lewis
I have wanted to read this book every since I saw the movie and I'm very glad I did. The book is SO much better than the movie. They completely changed the story line. It was a very fun book to read and I was very happy with the ending. I didn't feel like the movie gave a definite finish at all. I really enjoyed it. I read it in only a few days I could hardly put it down!

"Violet's Defiant Daughter" by Martha Finley
I began this book and read the first four chapters last year but never finished it. I decided to read the rest of it so I could move on to the next book in the series that I was really wanting to start. I finished it in a day and I liked it a lot. It was very sweet at the end. I thought it was funny that Elsie Dinsmore is fifty in this book! I will always think of her as the little girl at Roselands. I'm glad she kept her in the story. Violet has always been one of my favorites, partly because she's my age and partly because she has the same color hair as me. I liked this story a lot and am starting on the next one now.

Ten Girls Who Didn't Give In by Irene Howat
This book covers the lives of ten girls who were martyred for their faith, Blandina, Perpetua, Lady Jane Grey, Anne Askew, Lysken Dirks, Marion Harvey, Margaret Wilson, Judith Weinberg, Betty Stam, and Esther John. I got this book from the library because it had a chapter about Margaret Wilson who I am trying to learn more about for Cousin Production's play about her this Christmas. I read the book in a day (It's pretty short) and I learned so much from it. I plan to read the other books in the series.

I'm Currently Reading

"My Utmost for His Highest" by Oswald Chambers
"Ten Boys Who Didn't Give" In by Irene Howat
"Violet's Foreign Intrigue" by Martha Finley

No comments: