Faith is Not Believing that God can, It's Knowing that He Will

Followers

Friday, April 10, 2009

The Reason I haven't posted and some other Nonsense~

The reason I haven't posted is because all our Internet, phone, and cable have been out since last week. They were turned on again yesterday morning. Yeah!

I wanted to share with all of my readers about the trials of shopping. Every year we have the same battle. New clothes. I still have two pairs of shorts from last year and some shirts too but I really needed new church clothes. And so.......shopping begins. Females have a very difficult time buying clothes. Well, at least I do. I'm tall and thin so I would always have to wear pants that didn't really fit very well until I got into the juniors and discovered the joy of having jeans that were not tight but also not baggy in the rear end area. Well anyway we start looking. Very seldom if every do I find something that I really like in the first store I look in. We looked at JC Penny and Belk and didn't find anything and we were complaining about it. Everything is so short! Dresses come way above the knee and I really don't like that. My dad heard and said he was going to take me shopping. We went to Kohl's last night and Levi was begging to come along too so we went and my dad took Levi and went to look for himself a new shirt for Easter and I went hunting among the racks in my area. I found several white blouses that I liked and a white skirt and another skirt that was a black and white pattern. I liked the white one with one of the blouses. I showed them to my dad but he thought it was to much white. And it was so I ended up getting the white skirt with a blue blouse and I'm happy with it. My dad was wondering why I always get black and white. I just really like them together!=) And so Easter shopping is through and I'm glad about it. And really it's not the outfit that counts, or the meal you have, or the weather of the day, although it always is cold!=) It's about celebrating Jesus and his resurrection. He's living and we are washed clean from all our wrongs and sins. He is risen just as he said. Now this post really did not have as much nonsense in it as I had thought. Well maybe the first part but not the part about Easter.

Abigail

5 comments:

Eliza said...

Hi Abigail,
Yes I am done with my Easter shoppping too.
I wear most clothes from the girls sections but can wear some juniors.
I found a red dress at Target, I like it! :)
Your new outfit sounds pretty!

Liza

Gran said...

That is neat that your Dad took you shopping. I am exicted aout this weekend and looking forward to seeing everyone. We will have fun. Love - Gran

Anonymous said...

Hey Abigail!

Yes, it is terribly hard to find cloths for girls!! I normally wear skirts, but I needed a pair of pants for going horse back riding. So, my dad, went to the store to get me some. They were all WAY too tight!!

Have you tried looking at Old Navy? You may not have one where you live.

Yes, Easter is about the Lord rising from the dead!
Blessings,
Miss Hannah

~ McKenzie Elizabeth~ said...

Hi Abigail!
I do not know why I am commenting you when you are going to be stopping by my house in just a little while.:)lol!

I am sorry you had such a hard time finding an Easter outfit! Shopping can be so difficult sometimes.

Love you Buches!
McKenzie Elizabeth

Jessica said...

Abigail, I saw your comment on my blog, and yes I would be honored for you to join. :) I peeked at your blogs to, and loved both of them. I am going to have to find time to dig a little bit farther. :) I had a hard time finding something for Easter too this year, I ended up with a peach, cream, and light brown lace shirt with a brown skirt. The shirt has three quarter sleeves, so it works out good, like you said it is always cold it seems like. :) Happy Easter, and thanks for stopping by. :)